Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving in Mozambique



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here at Zimpeto!  It was lots of fun preparing a real southern thanksgiving dinner for 20 people from all over the world - America, England, New Zealand, Mozambique.  My roommate, Erin, and I prepared for over a month.  We bought ingredients in Mozambique and South Africa and even had things brought over to us from the States.  Brooke, my wonderful friend from New Zealand, got a great introduction to casseroles as she helped me prepare every casserole imaginable!  We had turkey, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, pineapple casserole, green bean casserole, squash casserole, macaroni and cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrot cake, peanut butter cake, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie! If it weren't for the over 100 degree temperature I would have thought I was at my mama's house!!!









No comments: