Saturday, February 7, 2015

Welcome Home!


Last Saturday, after 2 days of traveling, we arrived home to our beautiful family in Mozambique!  We were greeted at Masana by Roberto's family and our Masana family who had prepared a delicious meal to welcome us.  It was beautiful to watch Maria, Roberto's mom and Mama Julia as they sung and danced to welcome Maya to her new home.  

Throughout our travels last week, I was amazed at how God cares for us in the small details.  We were originally booked on a flight to South Africa via Amsterdam that would have been 20 hours of travel time.  But at the boarding gate, Delta moved us to the direct flight because the Amsterdam flight was overbooked.  The direct flight was only 14 hours!  God is in the details!

Roberto and I weren't allowed to sit together with 2 lap children because of the number of air masks on each row.  I was bummed about that but they managed to get us seats across the aisle from one another.  The flight was pretty full but no one else was seated on my row nor on Roberto's row!  I had an extra seat for Maya to sleep in and Roberto had 2 extra seats for Melina to stretch out across!!  Both of the girls slept almost all of the 14 hour journey!!!  God is in the details!

Now I'll admit that I was nervous about traveling with 2 babies under the age of 2.  I even bought a bottle of children's nighttime cough syrup just in case.  But didn't God prove Himself faithful?!?!

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

No comments: