Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lavish Love


1 John 3:1 says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children on God."  I remember one day last summer in Pemba, Mozambique I was getting ready to go preach in a village church on the love of God.  Suddenly it started pouring down rain.  This was one of the few times I've seen rain in Africa and certainly the hardest rain.  Other times it had been a light sprinkle or a summer rain here one minute and gone the next.  But this was a downpour and it lasted forever!  That's what the Father lavishing love on us is like!  Lavish is such a descriptive word. . . it's not a little drizzle or a quick rain. . . . it's a DOWNPOUR OF LOVE

What do we do with this love that is lavished on us?  We soak it up for a bit.  Then we lavish it on other people!  That's why I'm moving to Mozambique in 8 days. . . . to lavish the love of the Father on some of the children who are most precious to God. . . . orphans.

Over the past 9 years of my life, the Lord has given me a heart for fatherless children.  I long to see them confident that they are loved by their Heavenly Father.  All over the world, children grow up with messed up ideas of what a father is because their earthly fathers are not a part of their lives.  Whether they know it or not, this affects how they view God, their Heavenly Father.  Do these fatherless children stand a chance of truly knowing the love of God? Yes they do because God uses people like you and me to lavish His love on them!!!

What are you doing with the love that God is lavishing on you?  

1 comment:

Jeffrey Waters said...

I'm the first one to post on your blog. Glorianne isn't first this time. I'm first Red Lady. I'm first. I pray that the Lord continues to show you how to lavish that love out, now that you have your passion. I'll miss you!!!