Monday, March 7, 2011

Medical Update

Today I had an appointment with a surgeon in Nelspruit, South Africa. If I continue care on this continent, he would be the one performing my next biopsy. However, my hope is to return to the States for that procedure. The more and more I research and learn about what lies ahead, I know that I want to be in the States where I have an abundance of family and friends around me. After discussing this with the doctor today, he agreed and wrote a report to my insurance company recommending that my further care be provided in America.

Please join me in praying that the insurance company responds quickly and in favor of returning to the States. They will handle booking my flight home. I'm not sure what percentage of my treatment they will cover yet but I have a feeling I'm going to need lots of favor with hospitals when it comes to discussing payment options.

Thank you all so much for the encouraging emails and messages you have sent. I truly believe that the peace I feel is because of all the prayers reaching heaven on my behalf.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We love you and Praying blessings over you!

Jenny Fleming said...

Praying for safe travels and lots of favor with your insurance company.

Mana Laura said...

I am praying too and feeling quite confident based on their track record! Love you!

Unknown said...

How can folks give financially to you? Still through the same avenue?

Skoots1moM said...

praying for his prevenience to go ahead of you and your doctors...your family, friends and church family are eager to have you home

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear the difficult news. My kids and I are praying for you. I have asked my church and my homeschool group to lift you up in their prayers, too.
Love,
Your cousin Tina