Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!

So much has changed in my life is 2007.  I left the ministry I had worked at for 6 years, spent 3 months at a missions school, sold most of my belongings, said goodbye to my family and friends and moved to Africa.  Now here i am . . . excited about what the Lord has in store for 2008!!!! 

Recently I have been reading Isaiah 49 over and over:
"Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, "You are my servant in whom I will display my splendor." Isaiah 49:1-3

Isn't it amazing to think about the details that Lord puts into every moment of every day of your life?!?!  All throughout 2007 and the years before that, He was making me ready so that He might display His splendor through  me here in Mozambique.   Before I was born He called me to the children of Africa!!!  What a faithful God we serve!!!!

I hope each and every one of y'all have an amazing 2008 filled with the blessings of the Lord!!!!

Here are some pictures from the new years festivities with the kids:
The missionaries and visitors served the kids hotdogs on New Year's Eve.

The hotdogs were almost as big as some of the kids!!!!

On New Year's Day, I helped with a party for the little boys dorm.  The party started with wheelbarrow races, which they had never done before.  They were so cute as they drug their partners across the floor to win!!!

Next we brought out the parachute for the boys to play with.  Domingos, the boy in the middle, is blind.  The other boys really look out for him though!

Here are the littlest boys in the dorm enjoying their hot dogs, yogurt, apples, cookies, and coke!

At the end of the party, all of the boys got their own jar of peanut butter which is a very special treat.  This is Thabo.  He has been living at the center since May of 2007.  He has been very sick for the last few months.  Please pray for his healing!

3 comments:

Kelly Ford said...

SARAH! I LOVE your blog...its such a reminder of so many things...how great God is, how trivial my problems are and how much more I need to pray! Thank you for your posts...we are praying for you and love you so much! We are so proud for all God is doing through you!

Linda Allen said...

Hey Sarah,

This is my first time looking at your blog and at the website for Iris Ministries. My name is Linda Allen and I attend FUMC in Lawrenceville, Ga...our church has recently started to support you financially and so I wanted to see what the Lord was doing there at the orphange....Incredible!!! The ministry He has called you to, breaks my heart...I see the love of Jesus in those kids eyes and I also see your devotion and commitment to love them with all the ways that God has loved you. I just wanted to say, thank you for hearing His call and be willing to dedicate whatever amount of time that He has called you too, to the children at Mozambique!!! You are a blessing sent from God to them!!!

Praying for you!!!
Linda Allen

Abby said...

Hey Sarah... this is Abby Estes from Sanctuary... I just learned of your blogspot on Wednesday from your mom... such a sweet friend.. and I have loved looking at all the pictures of the kids... they all look so happy... I know they just love you and your love for them.. I have alot of respect for your boldness and your extreme obedience in the Lord... I will continue to keep up with the blogspot... I have been praying for you for a couple of years and will continue... Abby