Friday, March 7, 2008

Augustino


Agustino is one of the HIV+ boys who lives in my dorm.  A few weeks ago, he came down with a severe case of malaria and was hospitalized for almost a week.  Because of the HIV his body just can’t fight off sickness like the other kids.  He still has not completely recovered.  Most days, he shows up at my house after lunch looking pretty down and sits in my house or follows me around the rest of the day.  He has lost quite a bit of weight and is very weak.  He even struggles to walk sometimes having to hold onto walls as he goes.  The nurses at the center and the doctors at GATV (a free AIDS clinic in the city that our HIV+ kids go to each month) are concerned his battle with malaria may have sped up the progress of AIDS in his body. 

I have begun preparing meat for him every evening and giving it to him to add to his rice and vegetables in an attempt to increase his protein intake and build back up his strength.  I am claiming the promise of God found in Isaiah 40:29 that He will give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak.  Please join with me in praying for Augustino’s complete restoration!

No comments: