Sunday, March 8, 2009

Old Friends, New House

This weekend, I was had quite a few visitors from the Iris Center. It was so much fun being able to open up my new home to the boys I worked with last year as well as the wonderful friends God blessed me with at Iris.







Laura, one of the missionaries at Iris, brought 5 of the boys that lived in my dorm last year to visit me. These were some of the boys that I was closest to last year and that I've missed terribly. We pulled out all of the toys and they played for a while then quickly got sucked into watching all of the fun tv stations i get at my new house! KFC is on the corner by my house so we walked there for dinner. Over dinner, Augustino, Inacio, and I reminised over how we had come to that same KFC a year ago when Augustino had been discharged from the hospital across the street after battling malaria. I remember him being so thin and weak for quite a while after that. We also laughed over the fact that Inacio wears the same white shirt every time he goes out somewhere nice in the city. . . and every time he ends up with tomato sauce all over it!!!

My new roommate, Sarah, and I cooked dinner together Saturday night and had Valdemar, Mito, and Joao over for dinner and a movie. Earlier in the week, some of the youth had joined me for dinner - Manuel, Joseph, Ernesto, Nelson, and Binario. I am so thankful for the friendships the Lord has given me with all of these guys. They are all such wonderful young men. I can't wait to see all that the Lord has in store for them in the future!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Sarah! I love that you have a home to invite people over and help people. I hope you're doing well!
Much love!!