Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Worship on the Roof


We have an amazing group of young Mozambican guys that join us every Thursday to help with the soccer evangelism ministry we have started up with street kids. Afterwards, the come to our house to share a meal together. Every other week, we have started worshiping and praying for the city of Maputo. This is one of my favorite times of the week as I love hearing the passionate prayers of the young men and the beautiful worship in 3 different languages - English, Portuguese, and Shanghan.

I met these guys while I worked for Iris Ministries and was able to remain close to them as I moved to the city and began working with street kids. Now, almost all of the guys have left the Iris center and are living in a community near the Kunhymela House, where I live. So they come by often and help out whenever we need them. Amazing how God blesses friendships!!!

No comments: