Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reflecting 3

Perhaps the most special part of God’s faithfulness to me through this journey has been His constant presence. I have not once struggled with being angry at Him or questioning His goodness. My heart towards Him has really been protected. From the moment I received the diagnosis, I’ve known that I’d be okay but that this was just a rode I had to walk.

I know that God’s hand has held me up these past months. He’s given me strength for every treatment and perseverance to keep going. He’s filled me with joy even in the midst of the hardest parts such as losing my hair. I think He has even protected me from too many side effects. Back in April, God kept putting the book of Daniel on my heart and I've come back time and time again to the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego being thrown into the fiery furnace. After being removed from the furnace by the king, Daniel 3:27 says, "They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was the hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them." I believe that God has done this in me. He allowed me to go through the fire but has kept me from any real harm.

I am now only 2 weeks from the end of my radiation treatments and going home. My doctor has given me clearance to fly back as soon as the treatments end and I am literally going to do that! My last treatment is the morning of October 7 and I plan to fly home that night. With each passing day I find myself filled with more joy because each passing day is a day closer to going home. . . back to the ministry and boys I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in tears hearing about the LORD's faithfulness in your life. His Word is Eternal! Jesus keeps His Promises!

Love,
Tina G.

Melissa Driggers said...

And you don't even smell like smoke! He is SO faithful! I will miss you SO much but am so excited that you're going home. =)