Friday, April 8, 2011

Recovering

So the surgery is done! I went in on Wednesday and had a lumpectomy and a biopsy of lymph nodes. It was an out-patient procedure so I was back home by 7pm. And straight to bed. At first, the pain was pretty bad but its getting better now.

So now I get to sit here and recover because the sooner I recover, the sooner I can start radiation and the sooner I start radiation, the sooner I finish radiation and the sooner I finish radiation, the sooner I return to Mozambique! So what does recovery look like for me? Reading lots of books. Yesterday I read "Quaker Summer" by Lisa Samson. Today I'm starting the "Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers. If you have any good book recommendations, pass them along!

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor should have the results from my pathology by then. They are running tests on both the tumor and my lymph nodes. I hope to find out more about radiation as well and begin getting that set up.

Thanks for continuing to remember me in your prayers! Please pray for a speedy recovery from surgery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! It's so good to hear from you post-surgery. Please rest. Take it easy!
My favorite author is Corrie Ten Boom. I also recently read "Bruchko", about a missionary named Bruce Olson. I guess I have a heart for missionaries. ;)
Love ya! Tina

Catherine Spearman said...

Mark of the Lion is probably my absolute favorite series--except for Harry Potter (but I feel like if I say that "out loud" I am pretty much going to hell... ...so, I decided to get that into the light and tell you that Mark of the Lion series is my second favorite story of all time.) I hope you like them...we can have lengthy dicussions :) Press on if its hard to get into them at first. The political details aren't terribly important!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are doing well and I will be praying for you...I love anything by Barbara Kingsolver, especially The Poisonwood bible

Lauren said...

The Help was an excellent book. I like all of Kristin Hannah's books. Praying for a speedy recovery and that the cancer is not in any of your lymph nodes.