Monday, April 4, 2011

Surgery

I wanted to let you all know that I will be having surgery this Wednesday morning. I am having a lumpectomy which means the surgeon will remove the tumor. So far, it appears the cancer is located in one place which is great news! The tumor will be sent to a lab where a few tests will be run but as long as things come back as the doctor thinks they will, no chemo! Once the incision heals, I'll begin 5-7 weeks of radiation. I have been told that it takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks for the incision to heal and before radiation can begin. Praying its more on the 2-week side of things!!

As far as I know, the surgery is outpatient so I will be back at my parent's house Wednesday evening. Thanks for continuing to carry me in your prayers!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Praise the Lord for no chemo!
Prayin' quick healing for you Sarah. Gotta get you back to those boys.

Unknown said...

Sarah great job. Africa will bless you for these act. God is with you best wishes for you.
rhinoplasty

____ said...

Praying for your surgery, healing, strong spirit and for NO chemo! Love to you and many prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, Sarah! The Lord is with you!
Blessings, Tina

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in my prayers and I know God IS on your side. Keep up the good work.

Blessings, Joyce.